The Pursuit of Excellence
- Recognition of excellence
- Knowledge and skill improves quality and productivity
- Standards that create a path for development
- Respect for those who do each aspect of the trade
Why We’re Here
In the Painting and Decorating Industry, there is a lack of standard/benchmark by which to identify which painters have achieved the highest level of competence within their profession. Everybody who holds a brush can call themselves a “painter”.
- It lowers the status of our profession in the market place.
- It cripples our “career appeal” in the job market
- It handicaps the training of painters in our companies, because of the lack of a clear picture of what the end product is supposed to look like.
Narrated by John Peek of Peek Bros. Painting, San Diego, CA. John discusses the meaning of Craftsmanship and what being a Craftsman contractor entails. His presentation embodies the very qualities of craftsmanship he is describing: attention to detail, precision, heart, passion, focus and, yes, beauty!
- To define the Skill Standard for a Master Painter.
- To establish and implement the assessment process for the Master Painter qualification.
- To develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for painting operations in the different sectors of painting.
- To provide a forum for the dissemination of craftmen’s tips & tricks.
- To promote Craftsmen (present and future) and Excellence in Craftsmanship.
- Convince the youth of America that Painting is a worthwhile career endeavor.
Training our workforce and inspiring them are two challenges that face business owners daily.
Project Management — Dignity, Satisfaction and Profit0 Comments
By Mario Guertin – Past President, PDCA Craftsmanship Forum President, Painting in Partnership, Inc. As Painting Contractors, we are in... Read More →
Building a Team of Craftsmen Part 2 – Creating a Culture of Shared Knowledge0 Comments
By Mario Guertin, President – PDCA Craftsmanship Forum President – Painting in Partnership, Inc. In the November issue of PDCA’s... Read More →
Small Steps for Painters—A Giant Leap for Painting0 Comments
by Mario Guertin, President, PDCA Craftsmanship Forum, September 2006 On September 15 and 16, 2006, the Craftsmanship Forum held its Fifth... Read More →